Fodor's 25 Best New York City 2020
Compact and affordable, Fodor's 25 New York City 2020 is a great travel guide for those who want an easy-to-pack guidebook and map to one of the most exciting cities in the United States.
Fodor's 25 Best Guides offer highlights of major city destinations in a compact package that includes a sturdy, detailed street map you can bring along with you to help you navigate when cell service is not available. By focusing only on top sights--all divided by neighborhood--we make planning your days easy.
Save time and space by having New York City's top 25 sights and experiences in one convenient guidebook:
- UPDATED FOR 2020: Fully updated coverage on the information you need to know
- DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Best bets from local writers for sightseeing, eating, drinking, sleeping, and shopping, for every budget.
- GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND MAPS: Full-color photos and full-size street maps cover the best New York has to offer, all in one easy-to-use package. A handy, weather-resistant pullout city map will help you quickly orient yourself and plan your day.
- INDISPENSABLE TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS: The "City Tours" section shows off the best of the city with self-guided tour ideas. Plan excursions outside the city with the "More to See" section.
- PRACTICAL TIPS AND PHRASES: Travel like a local with our "Need to Know" section, filled with useful travel tips.
- COVERS: Central Park, Ellis Island, the Empire State Building, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the High Line, Times Square, shopping in SoHo, art museums, Brooklyn, and more
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's guidebooks have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years. Planning to visit other destinations in the northeast? Check out Fodor's 25 Best Boston, Fodor's Philadelphia, and Fodor's New England.
Situated on the main street of the historic Delaware Riverfront town of New Hope, Pennsylvania, Farley’s Bookshop and its knowledgeable, experienced staff have endeavored to satisfy the literary tastes of the area inhabitants for over fifty years. Whether you are Bucks County born-and-bred or just stopping by to enjoy the crisp river air and delightful scenery, you will be pleasantly surprised to find the largest and most diverse collection of books-in-print in Bucks County. Farley’s may have competition, but it has few peers. We encourage you to browse our website, but please remember that getting acquainted with our online persona is no substitute for exploring the narrow passageways and teeming shelves of our storefront and discovering that perfect book nestled amongst so many others.
New Hope for American Art is the most comprehensive book ever published on artists from, and surrounding, the New Hope Art Colony (also known as the Pennsylvania Impressionists). This book, with its 612 pages and over 1,000 color plates of artwork include biographies of 165 individual Pennsylvania Impressionists and New Hope Modernists as well as artists from the Philadelphia Ten, a pioneering group of women all educated at Philadelphia art schools.
In this book, you'll find biographies and artwork from such artists as:
New Hope for American Art was authored, designed and published by James M. Alterman, an expert in the field of Pennsylvania Impressionist and Modernist painting. A longtime collector and owner of two fine art galleries, Alterman wanted to create a user-friendly book intended not only to educate collectors and enthusiasts about this art but to help train one's eye. The book offers valuable tips on how to avoid common mistakes often experienced by new collectors drawn from the author's personal experiences as a collector and fine art dealer.